Monday 29 August 2011

Sherlock, You Became Cuter! - Koi no Chousa Houkoko Sho PV Review!

As always, all of my opinions are my own! If you don't like my opinions for any reason, then I am sorry, but we are all entitled to our own opinions, so be good and have your own opinions too!




Previously I did a post on Milky-Holmes (Their name is SO weird...) regarding their mini-album, Colourful Garden, and also mentioned that I would be writing a review on the PV to the first track of this single. Well, here I am with another post to spam you all! So look forward to it! XD


Now let me start off with this: I woke up with this song in my head, and I am a Hydra when I wake up in the morning - so having this annoying tune (it can get fairly annoying, I assure you) in my head when I first open my eyes is not a good thing. It has been in my head all morning, actually, so I thought 'Yeah, gotta review it... urgh'. So here I am! I will be focusing on both the video and the song - what I like about it, why it annoys me and so on. So let's have some fun!

This one is a nice piece of Eye Candy

Now this is one Anime-fied song - Right down from the annoyingly cute voices to the costumes, this song is all about the Anime, and you really can tell. It's not just the feel of the song that makes me think 'ANIME OPENING!' - It is probably the voices and the over all silliness of the beat. It's lively, playful and extremely catchy. This is one of the highlights of the song; if it wasn't for the up beat and overall playful nature of the tune, I wouldn't bother looking up the anime at all or even caring about it. For me, the songs to an anime are incredibly important (especially for anime's like Kirarin Revolution or Mermaid Melody) so this is a good thing that the beat is so... Anime-like.

But it can also be extremely childish and overly annoying, and I hate it when a song gets so stuck into my head that I gain a headache from just thinking about it.

I dislike you somewhat more so than the others

Now a childish tune isn't that bad - it fits in with the playfulness that this song has, but the fact that these girls - who are teenagers, or maybe even young adults, put on extremely annoying, cutesy voices is what makes the childishness over the top and horribly headache worthy. I can't help but think 'Why?' when I hear three of these girls' voices, because it seriously reminds me of Shugo Chara Egg - and coincidentally enough, the pink, yellow and green one all sport high-pitched, cutesy voices and the blue one has a low voice...

Urgh, I dislike 4nin anime groups like this sometimes...

... And yet they are still strangely addicting...

Already, you are my favourite...

One thing that creates a childish atmosphere around this song is the repetitive, cheer-leader cry at the beginning that is 'Go For It, GoGoGo Milky' (or something along those lines) which is actually quite cute and really catchy. It makes me want to jump around and clap my hands in there... but I won't do that right now, because I'm blogging. Probably when no one's looking...

I will take note of the cute, and quite childish, input of the little one-liners like 'Nande Desu?' and the ever-so-cute 'Hari Hari!' that happens towards the end. Honestly, that Hari Hari has left such an impression on me! I will also express my liking for the lines where they basically cry out one after another quite quickly. This makes the song even more playful than it already is and I just... love to listen to it and copy them sometimes. It's weird, but this is what anime songs do to me...

Oh, I am such a dork... XD

She's probably my second favourite tied with Sherlock

I'm also in love with the amount of energy and friendliness this song exudes - it sounds exciting and extremely exhilarating in a way. It definitely makes me feel cheerful and energetic, which I think is what a happy anime song should do. If the characters are expressing their happiness through their song, then the person listening to it should feel it too. I guess this is why I love so many Anime songs - they leave such strong and positive impressions on me, and this one is no exception because it leaves me feeling rather happy, though sometimes annoyed, and rather fulfilled.


Now the PV is a rather colourful and fun affair, just like the song. All of the girls are cosplaying the characters that they represent, and they all look really cute and lively. You have the sweet and girlish leader, Sherlock (the pink one), then the tomboyish and energetic Nero (the yellow one), a Mature and elegant girl in the form of Hercule (the green one) and finally, the cute and playful girl that is Cordelia (my favourite, the blue one).

I think that each of these girls really are amazing in their own way - they have a knack for making the video fun and enjoyable to watch, without being too painfully cute that I want to spew rainbows.

Thank goodness for Cordelia's actress...


One of the things that I noticed the most through this video, though, was the amount of chemistry these girls have together - they really do seem like friends, and they show how close they are well. If they're acting, then I'm already fooled, because these girls look good together and act so well together. They really do look like they are having fun and that they enjoy spending time together, especially Cordelia. She seems to be the most active when invading personal space with the other girls, such as touching their cheeks (check out the above picture) or even going as far as to attempt to steal a kiss from Sherlock during the end of the PV.

These girls have a great chemistry - they don't look bored with each other, and it doesn't look like they are even acting like they're friends. It kinda reminds me of 4-nin S/mileage...

Oh no, I brought it up! DX


I think that the group and duo shots of these girls really shows off how well they work together - take the picture above, for instance. Those two girls look like they're really enjoying themselves, and it seems so natural for them in the video. They look like they're really good friends, like this is an everyday thing for them - it doesn't really feel like a PV, more like a friendly get together at your friends house and you've decided studying is far too boring, so you want to mess around a bit!

Wai so shocked?

Their close up shots are really nice - the girls aren't afraid to do silly things even when they aren't together, which makes the PV even more fun and cute! They all look really nice in their solo shots, and have awesome chemistry with the cameras. Seriously. This is eye candy for the anime fans.

Cordelia,Where art thou Cordelia?

See, not afraid to show their expressions.

Let's play squish the Leader!

I do love how deliriously happy they all seem, even when Sherlock is being crushed by Cordelia.

Please sort your teeth out...

Another playful thing about this song, other than how well the girls interact with each other by messing around and invading each others personal space, is the dance. It involves quite a bit of arm waving, clapping and running around. It is rather energetic and lively, and the smiles on the girls faces just make it look even more fun! I'm glad that there is leg movement as well as some Para Para in there, or else it would have been boring.

Within the dance shot we get a bit of cheer-leader type running on the spot whilst clapping their hands, with the can-can thrown in there too for added cuteness and some jumping about. My favourite scenes though are when the girls begin to sing and point whilst bobbing about, as well as the part where Hercule and Cordelia move up front and run rather hurriedly in a cute manner. I really like where they step from side to side in a bouncy manner during Hercule's slower solo line.

My eye candy...

This video really raises the bar on the cuteness factor - all of the girls look adorable and fit the character that they are portraying, and make this PV a lively and fun video to watch. It certainly brightened up the gloomy rainy day that I watched it on, and gave me a happy feeling it. The song and video are coupled so well, it's a happy marriage!

Yes, Cordelia! Please hog the spotlight! Bye Bye, Nero!

I honestly found myself so entranced by these girls that the background didn't really stand out when I first watched it - but taking in more of the video, you see that they actually only use one background which is a kitchen. We may see the girls in different spots, like the bench where they all sit together, and an open space where they dance, but it is all in the same place. I think that the people who produced the video did so well in using the whole room to its full advantage and making the girls stand out the way they did. If the background was far too distracting, then it would have taken away our focus on the girls, but thankfully, because the background is quite neutral, it creates a perfect balance in the amount of colour that these girls are wearing, and doesn't take away the attention that we give them.

Actually, if you really look at it, the room is extremely pretty and bright - it just really helps the girls to stand out more, which is what we want, right?


Okay, time to wrap this up. I am pretty sure all of you are sick of me by now, right?

Well there's still more to come, because I always have an 'Overall view' XD So stay there and read!


Overall this video REALLY fits this song. We get a great dose of happy, fun and energetic cosplaying girls as well as a burst of colour and a really nice anime song. These girls make the song fun to listen to, and they make the video really cute and energetic. Obviously they had their daily dose of red bull to set them off, or they managed to get some tips from Koharu Kusumi, because there is so much going on in this PV thanks to how friendly and lively they seem! It really sets me off and makes me want to watch anime so damned much. I get so high off of these sort of songs that its like my drug... damn, I love JPop so damned much!

No, Cordelia, Smooch ME!!!

The down point about this song (I love the PV, I see no fault in it... OKAY okay, I wish the chick in yellow was cuter) is that it can become annoying quite quickly - much like Koharu's Konnichi Pa (I can withstand most Koha songs, but that... NO!) and that it can get stuck in my head at the most stupid of all times, like say, in the morning, when I am at my crankiest? I also find it irritating that 3 out of the 4 girls have high voices, with two out of these three seeming to be putting it on more for the anime rather than because they have been stuck with that voice. Thank goodness for Cordelia's voice. I love it when at least one of them is lower than the rest - they always happen to be my favourite Saki, Akari... 

But regardless of how headache-worthy this song is, I still really like it - the fact that it gets stuck in my damned head is proof enough that I want to listen to it. I mean, come on, I've had it on a loop since I began writing this post - I may want to bash my head against the desk right now because it's become that little bit more annoying, but I promise you that I'll want to listen to it again in a few hours...

Okay, I'm ready to shut off the song now, but that doesn't mean you should! Go have a listen, watch the PV and choose your favourite character from this anime-unit. I promise you, you will find at least ONE of them cute, and hey - if you hate the song, at least you listened to it and gave it a chance, right?

But if you cannot handle this song, then don't go searching for Koharu Kusumi's Hell-song that is Konnichi Pa, kay?




Have fun watching guys!

Chiima~

PS This is probably one of their older songs for the anime, but its quite cute and I swear, I have heard this song somewhere before!

Sorry that I don't know the title, but I can't read Japanese characters...


No comments:

Post a Comment