Friday 17 January 2014

Internet Detox

I mentioned previously in my 86th Digest that lately, due to circumstances in my personal life, I have been feeling down. I can't say I am miserable, because I'm not, but I have just wanted to rest more lately because, truth be told, I am mentally and physically (to a certain degree) tired, and with things that have happened recently, I feel like things have taken a toll on my stress levels.

You see, this week I have been made redundant. I don't want to make a sob story out of this, but the place where I mainly worked is closing due to financial issues, and a robbery in one of the two shops I (used to) work at did not help at all. I knew it would happen, but realising I no longer have a job has knocked me far worse than I thought, so I have that playing on my mind as well as the fact that now I have to find another job, 8 months shy of going off to University (if I go).

But even before all of this happened I decided to take a short (and unexpected) break from the internet for a few days, and I just relaxed and read my books, played with my niece or spent time with people, not once going on the internet or my laptop except for watching episodes of a show I had missed on TV, and honestly, I really enjoyed it. It was nice not having to feel like I needed to constantly check my Facebook, Twitter, e-mail or keep updated on the Idols I love... and I want that more, especially right now.

So that is why I have decided to go on an Internet Detox, or a break if you will. Completing my Digest today, I really felt like I wasn't putting in the effort I should be and that I really needed some sort of a break. I know I don't write a lot, but I do just want to break away from it and focus more on my personal life and try to relax some more as well.

I doubt that this will be long, I want to estimate a week or two, but I can't promise anything. I feel so bad for doing this, but right now I feel so distant from the online world that I think I really do need this. The circumstances I am currently in won't help with this feeling either, in fact I think it's the stress and worry I have right now that makes me want to do this more, so I think my wanting to take a break from blogging and the internet has come at a good time (in a sense). Honestly, I would rather come back to blogging happier than stay writing and feel depressed and down about myself when I could have done something about it.

I will keep up with my Digests, but they may come on Thursdays for a bit given how I am feeling, or even Fridays, and I might contribute to Selective Hearing, Idolminded and NekoPop a bit, but I won't write anything else on here until I feel up to it and like I am back to my normal self. It can take a week, or a bit longer. I don't know. I feel so bad for doing this, but I hope you all understand.

For these next few weeks, I will be looking for jobs, voluntary opportunities and sorting other things out like holidays and trips to where my future University is. I will be busy, but I will try and relax as well so that I don't get stupidly stressed, like I normally do. I will still be online, just not as much as I usually am.

When I next see you all in a regular Blog post, I hope that I will be a happier Chiima, one who has sorted out herself.

Ja ne~

Chiima

6 comments:

  1. Aw, don't feel bad Chiima! I think everyone needs a break from the internet every now and then, and after how consistent you've been for the last 2 years, I think it's definitely time for you to take some time off.

    I'm sorry you're not feeling well; I'm praying that you'll be okay and that you will find a job soon.

    <3 I LOVE YOU CHIIMA!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Setbacks and stresses will come and go but you'll overcome in the end because you're a star. You are destined to win. I know it in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Chiima, I've been in a similar place before. You'll get through this! Do whatever you have to do to feel happy and well again. This blog is wonderful and I want you to enjoy writing it. We'll be here when you come back. <3 *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear this. I really hope things pick up soon for you. Your a lovely and intelligent person. Don't feel the need to write if you don't feel like it.

    I took a whole year off cos I was struggling in my personal life, not that things have changed much but that break did me some good.

    So take all the time you need and don't worry about the job, this is the year of good things, people close to me have had good things happen to them, so hopefully this good luck will pass through to you too.

    ReplyDelete