Thursday 26 May 2016

[A Week with Zukki] A Smile That Keeps on Growing! ~Suzuki Kanon 17th Birthday Event: 2015~

All thoughts are my own, as per usual. Let's just enjoy what we have whilst it lasts, aye?

*[A Week with Zukki] is a series dedicated to the and only Suzuki Kanon, to both celebrate her and to prepare for her up-coming departure from both Morning Musume and Hello! Project. Here I hope to appreciate and adore the Idol who has brought me such joy, as well as to share with you some of her best works in her time as an Idol. So in order to celebrate all that is Zukki and her wonderful smile, let's take this journey together and think of her with fondness and joy. Before she dares Graduate, let's enjoy this wonderful Idol as much possible, and smile as we do so!

Our darling girl is leaving soon, and with her departure, a smile within Hello! Project shall fade, never to grace us in a PV again. However for these next few days, we must treasure her and everything she gives, because even when her smile disappears, our memories of her never will...~

When the cover quality sucks and Chiima can't do nuthin' about it o3o
DVD Content:

1. Suzuki Kanon wears a Yukata (Morning Glory style)
2. Takeuchi Akar, Katsuta Rina and Ishida Ayumi Video Message
3. Q&A Corner
4. Talk Corner - Goals for a 17 year old
5. Mini-Live (LOVE Namida Iro / Dou ni mo Tomaranai (by Yamamoto Linda) / Ai no Honoo / Konna Watashi de Yokattara / Egao ni Namida ~Thank you! Dear My Friends~)

With Zukki's impending Graduation coming ever closer, I am of course looking back at all things Zukki, from PV's to photographs, to events and whatever else I can find that includes my favourite smile and the girl it belongs to. And, despite the fact that I usually avoid event DVD's or clips of any kind due to no understanding of the Japanese language, I thought that it was high time to visit my very first event DVD from Suzuki Kanon's 17th Birthday event held in 2015.

Of course, this Birthday even marks the last for Suzuki Kanon as a member of Hello! Project and Morning Musume, but it is the one where she undoubtedly shines the brightest, and has the most talent in her tenure as an Idol. So, I wanted to take a look at it (finally), and see what these Birthday events are all about, as well as to watch my darling Zukki blossom on the stage that was meant for her.

So, without further introduction, let's take a look at Suzuki Kanon, a beauty and an Idol, as she shines on her very own stage and delivers to everyone around her a splendid performance.



First things first; That Yukata! Zukki looks so darned mature here, I want to tear up ;w; Such a beauty, and so womanly here! Also, damn, she be looking skinny!

Who said she had weight issues? >3>


I would actually love to own a Yukata like that.

In fact, I would just like to own a Yukata, period. Gotta invest!



She has some of the cutest reactions here, oh my gosh!

I feel so happy just watching her filled with this amount of joy! ;;



Zukki from the profile is just as cute as Zukki from the front.

Basically, she's as gorgeous and cute as ever, no matter what direction she may be looking!


THAT LITTLE NOSE SCRUNCH!

Zukki: "Heeeeeeeh~!?"


Zukki: "So you said you like yakisoba, aye?"

Doesn't she look so damn cool and charming like this? If she picked me up this way, I wouldn't say no!



The Zuk is not impressed.

Still lookin' cute as a button, though!


GAH, DAT SMILE!!! <3


Best imitation of a penguin ever!


Zukki: "I am a pen!"

Because Miki dared to ask a question in English XD


Zukki lookin' all pensive and what not. What'cha thinkin', Zuk?


Oh! She thought about Riho's singing ability, and how people called her a 'great vocalist'. I'd laugh, too! :p


DIS BEAUTY!!!! <3


Sultry Zukki is a weird but good Zukki o3o



Seriously, everything she does makes me happy.


And soon it will be a concert hall filled with Green... ;w;


From Cute to Cool in just a few damn seconds, and she does them both so well!



Good grief, she'll be the death of me ;w; <3



And cue the tears, because this song (Egao ni Namida ~Thank you! Dear My Friends~) reminds me of Gaki, and will now remind of Zukki from here on out, too ;;

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!


The joy she brings me ; A; <3



YEP! BRING ME THE HANKY ;W; Grab the tissues, too, there's gonna be some waterworks happenin'!


Zukki: "... Are those baby tomatoes on my cake?"

Welp, at least it's not carrot cake!


Her beauty astounds me. How can this girl be so damn perfect!?!?!?


Zukki: "ありがとうございました!!!"

No... NOOO, DON'T LEAVE ME, ZUKKI ;W; </3 </3


The happiness she brings me is unreal, and the sadness she will commit to my heart when she eventually leaves? Well, that will be unreal, too... ;;


My ever-lasting smile, please... please don't fade away!!!

.。.:*☆*:.。.☆.。.:*☆*:.。.

You know what I wish? I wish that I understood Japanese, and that I was more dedicated to trying to study it alone. Sad thing is, I suck at applying myself to languages, but I also know that, whilst the language barrier is an issue for me as a fan, it also doesn't stop me from loving Japanese Music or Idols at all, because yes, that barrier is there, but it's also a thin line to cross. My love won't fade just because I'm English, and I won't let my lack of understanding Japanese stop me from being a fan. My love for Idols, music and Zukki is too strong for that.

My point is, despite the fact I didn't understand what was being said during the Q&A for this event, I couldn't help but smile and laugh no matter what, because Zukki was there, and her personality was thriving. Her emotions, small gestures, little quirks and that bright smile all made me feel happy and excited to just watch her, and when she sang I was just as delighted as the crowd surrounding her was to hear her sing such amazing songs. Zukki was an absolute joy to watch here, and I'm so glad I decided to take a look at this video, despite never really watching event DVD's that much before.

I adore Zukki with all my heart, and to see her shine so brightly and sing songs that suited her voice beautifully made me a happy fan of hers. I loved seeing her stood there on the stage, singing with all her strength whilst delivering her winning smile for the crowd. She was professional, polished and cool, but also cute and energetic in all she did. She never faltered, she never backed down, and she just shone like the Idol she is. It brings tears to my eyes to know she's grown into such an amazing girl since her debut, and that she is one of MoMusu's finest.

So yeah, I enjoyed watching this DVD and all it held. It's only 49 minutes of content, but it's 49 minutes of Zukki and her never ending smile, her energetic responses and cute little gestures. It's everything you'd want to see from here, and more, and I am glad I finally sat down to watch it, regardless of the fact it's almost a year old.



My cheeks hurt from smiling so much now, but that's the effect Zukki has on me; when I see her beam, I can't help but do the same. She lights up my life, and she makes me feel as happy as can be! I'm so happy she's an Idol in my life right now.

If you've seen this even DVD, what were your thoughts on it, and do you enjoy watching them yourselves? Which members Birthday event DVD is your favourite, and why? Think about it, and if you want, let me know! It's fun to share what we love with each other, you know?

Until next time though, please stay happy and healthy, love your Idols and remember; treasure them with all your might, because one day the one you love might just go... and we all know how heartbreaking that is.

Much Love,
Chiima~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment