Sunday 15 July 2018

Personal Thoughts: Graduating Okay! Musume Time? (Not yet, but maybe)

I keep wondering when I last did a post, and looking back now, it was at the end of June. Thinking even further, I haven't continued my Haachin series despite saying I would, and actually I have a clear idea of where to go with them, but right now I don't have the time, and my interest has waned a little with this space. I don't know why, it just has.

Thinking back to my hiatus, I had times where I thought about completely leaving Okay! Musume Time and never looking back, and those feelings are only intensifying now despite how much I wanted to return. It was actually during my weekend at HYPER JAPAN that I wondered more about graduating Okay! Musume Time or going on another hiatus, because despite how much I love this blog and how much it has shaped me as a person and a writer, it's also holding me back a little (or so I believe), and I'm not as into the articles I want to write as I could be.

There is a lot I want to do on here, but I want to do similar content on Selective Hearing. I also want to showcase a better, more professional side to myself, but I don't think I could ever get Okay! Musume Time to that standard, but also I want to keep this personal, bubbly side to myself on here. I've also acknowledged that I want to write more for Selective Hearing and to better my article count there. It's quite low in my mind, and during my hiatus I did well with writing, but since trying to get back into writing on O!MT I have fallen back into the habit of writing nothing for either site. It's aggravating, worrying, and it only stresses me out more.

Of course there are a lot of good things about Okay! Musume Time that make me want to write here for a long time. Firstly, it will be 8 years old come November. Second, I finally hit the 1000 post count during a Haachin-based post. Third, I have been able to talk to so many people through this and made friends thanks to blogging. I've grown and learnt so many things since starting up my blog and I can't be happier that it brought me so many things. It's thanks to Okay! Musume Time that I am where I am today in my love for idols and writing, but I know that there will be a time when I need to stop and do something a little different, or the same thing on another platform.

I will give myself until Okay! Musume Time's 8th Anniversary to decide whether or not I graduate this space. By then I should know where I want to be and what I want to do.

Apologies for the sudden post everyone, but I wanted my feelings about this situation out in the open. Thank you for reading, and please take care.

Chiima.

6 comments:

  1. Whatever you decide, I'll support you. I know my blog time's been a tad wonky as of late, though I attribute it to the fact I've pretty much made a lot of work for myself (which was primarily designed to accommodate those news/release droughts that were common in H!P in 2017. Turns out they were just planning for 2018...).

    Blogging, be it as a hobby or a profession, is no easy task if you want to do it justice.

    Whatever happens, I'll support you and your decision.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      As you said yourself, blogging is no easy task when you want to do it justice, and for me I want to do the best that I can for this blog and space that I love. But there are times where I think I can't do it that well.

      You are really understanding, and I'm sad your own blogging has become a little wonky due to work. Sad to say, that is life. I hope everything balances itself out in the long-run.

      Thank you once again <3

      Delete
  2. They're dropping like flies...

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who also writes about idols everyday (Even it´s only new profiles on my wikia) I can say that you can only do it if it´s fun and not a burden.
    I had a german Hello! Pro Newsblog in the past and it was fun for 2 or 3 years. But after that my interests changed. News is something you have to search for everyday which could be very troublesome. Everytime you go on hiatus you will lose readers. I love your blog but I can understand if you graduate. But maybe someday you want to write again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true that this is something we need to do for fun. It begins to feel like work then it becomes an issue.
      I have done news as well on here, but I do agree that it's very troublesome to search through articles every day / week, especially when busy. Thank you for your understanding in everything, I'm still unsure about what to do... we will see once November hits.

      Delete