Friday 29 January 2021

The Last Appreciation Post: Thank You

How do I begin a post like this?

Dearest Readers, fellow Idol fans, friends from across the screen and those who have read this blog and visited this page for whatever reason, thank you for everything up until this point in time and for becoming a part of this blogs foundation. Since the first time I posted a review up until today, I want to shower you with the endless gratitude for both the silent and vocal support you have given to a fan that simply wanted to express her enthusiasm for the Idols she loved in a way that fit her best.

This will be my final post on Okay! Musume Time. As of today - January 29th, 2021 - I will no longer be posting on or updating this blog. Thank you for reading and being a part of this blog until the very end.

My decision to close Okay! Musume Time is one that I have been contemplating for a while now, and even before reaching a milestone such as the 10th Anniversary, I began to think about all of the things that I have written and had the ability to do thanks to the creation of this blog, as well as the things I would like to accomplish in the future. What began as a passion project for my fandom eventually became something a little bigger, and whilst there are many things that I would like to continue doing as both a writer and content creator, I have come to an understanding within myself that as of the year 2020, I have done all that I can and more with Okay! Musume Time.

Of course there will be many aspects of Okay! Musume Time that I will miss as time moves forward, but I know that I can continue certain series and themes elsewhere in the future. At this moment in time, I will continue writing for Selective Hearing as well, however I do plan to step down from my role as a staff writer on the website come the end of the year.

With that said, I have no desire to stop writing about Idols or Japanese music any time soon despite the end of the blog, but it would be stupid of me to deny that my focus on music and reviews has shifted greatly over the past ten years since I began Okay! Musume Time. With this in mind, my desire is to work towards becoming a better editor both for myself and other writers, as well as to become a better writer who can be both informative and expressive with her words.

Please know that becoming a blogger is one of my most treasured experiences, and despite the obstacles I placed in front of myself during these past ten years of writing, I can safely say that this has been one of the best decisions that I have made in my life. I am more than thankful that I could reach this point where I can close this blog with a content and positive mindset.

Of course the desire to blog is still there, but I am aware that if I choose to revisit this path in the near future, then I can create a new blog which suits my current personality and love of Idols more. When it comes to Okay! Musume Time however, I simply believe that it is time to move forward and take a break from Idol blogging for now, and to focus on other aspects of my writing, as well as myself.

In November of 2010 I began Okay! Musume Time to talk about idols and share my love of Hello! Project in the only way that I could, and now ten years and 2 months on I have become the blogger I had always aspired to be, and I think that the reason I could make it this far is because of everyone who became a part of Okay! Musume Time, regardless of whether they supported me or not.

So, my Dear Readers, this is for you:

To all who have read my posts, to those that have commented and those who criticised or chastised, aided and encouraged me, thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are all a reason for my desire to continue, and without the words of others I would not have become the writer that I am today. You are now - and always have been - a part of this blogs history. Thank you for being a part of this journey.

Now it is time to start a new chapter of my life and move forward as a writer and content creator. Thank you for reading and being a part of this wonderful Idol fandom my dear friends, and thank you for supporting me as Chiima of Okay! Musume Time for 10 wonderful years. I can only hope that I will see you again soon.

Sincerely yours,
Kelly, the blogger formerly known as Chiima.

Okay! Musume Time:
18.11.2010 ~ 29.01.2021

2 comments:

  1. My heart... I bet you cried writing this.
    Congratulations and thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My crybaby status still applies! I cried a lot writing it, thinking about it and just contemplating it. But I feel relieved that I can stop in a positive way!

      Delete