It is hard to express exactly how I feel right now regarding Houkago Princess. After all, I have already said plenty of things about them during my time as their fan. Things born from happiness and frustration, moments of joy and snippets of love... anything that was on my mind, really. Of course, most of it has been recorded here on this very blog, a place where I could share my love freely with others and keep updated on the group I adored.
In many ways, it feels like time has passed me by in the blink of an eye. I can remember exactly how I learned about the groups debut, how intrigued I felt when I learned about their original concept. What followed was the excitement I felt whenever new music was released, receiving my first Houkago Princess CD, the realisation that they would make their major debut... I remember all of it, and in a way it does not feel like 15 years have passed, even when the group has changed and I have grown up.
Yet here we are on the day of their 15th Anniversary. How quickly time flies.
Perhaps it is easy to say that a group has given you so much, but for me, Houkago Princess has given me more than I could have ever imagined.
They have given myself and many other fans their smiles. They have provided us with their time when they talk to you, their joy over meeting you for the first, second and even fiftieth time, and they have gifted us their care and passion whenever they sing their incredible songs for us, both on and off stage.
But it goes beyond that, because over the years since I first became their fan, Houkago Princess have given me more than just their music and the joy of simply knowing who they are.
Houkago Princess have allowed me to make irreplaceable memories. They have delivered happiness in abundance and allowed me solace during difficult times in my life. Above all, Houkago Princess has granted me wonderful friendships that span across the ocean and beyond, friendships that I continue to treasure today.
It is not just about the music or the members for me, and it has not been that way for a long time. Houkago Princess is my constant, almost as if they are tied to me by a thread that keeps pulling me back even when life gets tough.
I know that for every fan there is a group that evokes similar feelings of happiness and pride that Houkago Princess has given me. It is an experience that is unique to our individual selves of course, and no matter how much time passes us by, the importance of our beloved groups only continues to grow.
There is no doubt that I have been lucky to know Houkago Princess from their debut until now. Yes, there were times when keeping up with them was difficult and frustrating, however it's those same limitations I faced that ultimately allowed me to cherish and appreciate the group as I do now.
Every moment I have spent researching, looking up and watching Houkago Princess is a treasure of mine. It is an irreplaceable memory that allowed me to not only fall deeper in love with this incredible group, but to continue following them for the 15 years they have existed.
From finding out about them via an article on tokyohive to watching snippets of their live shows via IkebukuroTV, I am forever grateful that those days in 2011 and beyond brought me to the Houkago Princess we see standing on stage today.
My history with Houkago Princess has been a long one, and I am so thankful that in these 15 years since their debut I have been able to continue loving them as much as I do now. I love their history, I love their music, I love their costumes, I love their smiles and I love their very presence within the Idol scene.
For 15 years I have loved Houkago Princess. It is a love that will continue to grow beyond that time frame, because there is truly so much to love about Houkago Princess, their music and their journey. I am just so thankful that I could find them when I did, watch them grow and become a small part of their history even from a distance.
Of all the idol groups out there, they were the ones that called to me the most through their music, their smiles and their very presence. No matter how much they have changed, no matter how their music evolved or how far they have seemed, I have always loved Houkago Princess, past and present.
15 years ago today a small underground Idol group made their debut standing on a tiny stage at Ikebukuro WHITEBASE. With their own dreams to perform at Budokan and become beloved by their fans, they began a journey that would see them transform into glittering princesses and brilliant Idols who would inspire many with their songs.
But their history is still being written, and I for one look forward to the future stories Houkago Princess will continue to tell. What about you?
Thank you for 15 years, Houkago Princess. I am so happy that I can continue to love you for this long and beyond that.
Much Love and care,
Kelly~
Kelly~






No comments:
Post a Comment